Rules and Guidelines For ADX and POSCON: Discussions, Reviews, and User Generated Content
These guidelines apply to all places where users can post content. This includes, but is not limited to, forum discussions, comments on the ADX website, guides, product reviews, screenshots, artwork, videos, and tags.
When providing feedback, posting information, or discussing a product on ADX or POSCON, whether it’s negative or positive, please make sure you are being relevant, constructive and polite. Developers take feedback from all kinds of sources into account, even though they may not have the time to respond to every post or question.
Please note that Administrators/Moderators reserve the right to change/edit/delete/move/merge any content at any time if they feel it is inappropriate, abusive, or incorrectly categorized.
Do not do any of the following:
- Flame or insult other members
- Bypass any filters
- Abuse or encourage abuse of the Post Reporting System
- Post personally identifiable information (i.e. name, address, email, phone number, etc.)
- Bump threads
- Derail a thread’s topic
- Post links to phishing sites
- Post spam (i.e. +1, 10char, rickrolls) or Re-post Closed, Modified, Deleted Content
- Repetitively post in the incorrect forum
- Openly argue with a moderator
Do not post any content containing the following:
- Porn, inappropriate or offensive content, warez or leaked content or anything else not safe for work
- Any discussion of piracy will result in a permanent ban from the Community including, but not limited to:
- Key generators
- Cheating, hacking, game exploits
- Threats of violence or harassment, even as a joke
- Posted copyright material such as magazine scans
- Soliciting, begging, auctioning, raffling, selling, advertising, referrals
- Racism, discrimination
- Abusive language, including swearing
- Drugs and alcohol
- Religious, political, and other “prone to huge arguments” threads
No Backseat Moderating
Let the moderators do the moderating. Backseat moderating is when people who are not moderators try to enforce the rules. If you see a person breaking the rules, take advantage of the “Report post” link at the top right of a thread or simply ignore the offensive post(s), thread, or review.
Report Posts to Moderators
Should you observe a fellow Community member breaking these rules please report the post or item by clicking the “Report post” link at the top right of the post button located on every item, post, and review.
Repeated offenders of the above rules and guidelines will be banned from the Community. Any moderator has the ability to ban a user for violating the rules at their discretion.