“Welcome to Portland International Airport, pride of the Rose City, and second busiest hub in the Pacific Northwest of the US” (Flightbeam, 2019).
The KPDX airport was developed, crafted, designed and directed by the Legendary flight simulator airport designer Bill Womack, a former long-time resident of the Portland, OR area.
“KPDXHD was lovingly crafted by former Portlander Bill Womack, who took a great many of the source photos himself and spent many months hand-crafting this lovely, modern facility, which in real life was voted best in the United States several years running by Conde Nast Traveler magazine. This version, targeted for Prepar3D v4, is designed for maximum immersion. It takes advantage of the advanced capabilities of the 64-bit simulator, and should offer you many hours of enjoyment,” according to Flightbeam, 2019.
Thank you Bill Womack, Flightbeam and iBlueYonder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Key features include the following:
- Key textures are rendered in 4096×4096 (4K) high resolution
- P3Dv4 dynamic night lighting included
- Utilizes SODE for advanced jetway interaction with aircraft
- Includes large photo-real area representing the industrial district of North Portland with OSM-based autogen
- Leverages P3D’s material scripting engine for seasonal vegetation, dynamic water puddles and light animations
- Includes detailed rendition of Cascade Station shopping area east of the airport
- Includes custom static GA and military aircraft
- Configuration Manager allows you to quickly customize KPDX to your liking
- Features the all-new Flightbeam Manager system (no Addon Manager/Couatl required)
Flightbeam. (2019). KPDX HD (Portland International Airport). Flightbeam Studios.