He also announced that KSAN v2 will be a free upgrade for current owners.
“Using the latest optimization techniques this version is almost 100% new compared to the KSAN you are all currently flying. Performance increases, plenty of new details and a few new major features are all part of the update. I’ve taken on board all of your feedback, and have channeled this into the new version. I hope you all get even more enjoyment out of this new version!”
“What’s new in this version?
First of all, I spent a great deal of time trying to understand how to improve this huge scenery, using latest techniques. This has been achieved by re-working almost every 3D component of the airport, extensive optimisation and consolidation, whilst at the same time adding more detail. Our testing team have all shown big performance improvements across the board, with a few testers even showing double the performance when used with Orbx FTX Global!
“Whilst the performance has been a large focus of my efforts, I have added many other features as requested by you:
Massive optimization efforts to greatly improve performance
- New animated jetways! (CTRL-J)
- Far more terminal detailing (P3D only)
- New modelled interiors for main terminals (P3D only)
- Totally replaced static aircraft – new types unique to KSAN
- Updated ground poly (with new textures),
- New ground imagery (higher quality, better colors and blending)
- Updated and revised GSE placement and types
- Added lite versions of surrounding airports: KMYF, KNRS, KNZY, KSDM, KSEE
- Major updates to POI and downtown textures
- Improved autogen
- Improved clutter and details
- Dynamic lighting (P3Dv4 only)
- Compatible with FTX GLOBAL, openLC North America or Southern California
- For Microsoft Flight Simulator X and Lockheed Martin Prepar3D v1-4″
No release date was provided, yet “more previews are coming soon!”