Leonardo has released their next update in the open beta program for the MaddogX! This old airplane has seen a flurry of updates since it’s release for P3D v4. To get this beta, simply go to the Leonardo forums and download the open beta.
REMEMBER: You should make sure to have v1.2b260 or v1.1.0 prior to installing this version. It’s also a beta version so don’t be surprised if there are bugs.
From Leonardo’s post:
- Be sure to have 1.1.0/1.2b260 installed and activated in your FSX/P3D.
- Backup addon livery entries in the aircraft.cfg.
- Download and install the upgrade to 1.2b264.
- Add liveries again to the aircraft.cfg.
- Start the load manager at least once and save, even if not making any change.
- As simple as that. You’re done.
Wondering what’s been fixed/changed in this update?
1.2b260 -> 1.2b264
– FDE: tuned single-engine in-flight performances.
– PANEL: various bug fixes.
– PANEL: improved memory management to avoid CTD in low memory conditions.
– PANEL: chrono and dme display backlight tied to panel knob.
– PANEL: repeating GSCM entries in DFDR file.
– FMS: selecting a new altitude in the MCP within +-4000ft of CRZ alt will copy altitude in scratchpad.
– PANEL:new ESDP display font.
– PANEL: changed DME display to the ‘LCD’ type.
1.1.0 -> 1.2b260
– FDE: fine tuning of ground effect and idle taxi power.
– FDE: contact points tweak.
– FMS: ETA differences between leg page and prog page (EN ROUTE WPT).
– FMS: display of dntrk on ND when not intercepting leg.
– FMS: missing ‘NOT IN DATABASE’ message when LSKeing non-existing airway.
– FMS: pressing ‘ERASE’ after changing crz alt would not undo the change.
– FMS: wrong fix altitude calculation for certain descent/approaches.
– FMS: improved ‘OVRD’ logic.
– LOAD MANAGER: TrueGlass disabled when RealLight disabled.
– LOAD MANAGER: conflict of RealLight setting and FS2Crew setting.
– LOAD MANAGER: wrong calculation of TOI for limited wing fuel schedule.
– PANEL: engine spool-up speed decreased.
– PANEL: wrong range on ND CM2 WX image when both ND ON (AS WXRadar).
– PANEL: no radar image for range 80 or above (AS WXRadar).
– PANEL: CDU 2 not working with CDU Remote.
– PANEL: blurry breakers texture behind CM1 seat.
– PANEL: missing breakers flood light.
– PANEL: missing vc light .fx file in FSX installer.
– PANEL: wrong QNH in speed chart.
– PANEL: incomplete aircraft registration text in speed chart.
– PANEL: external wing view with vc in ‘wide’ mode.
– FMS: separated transition altitude / transition level.
– FMS: support for reading airport-based transition altitude/level from Navigraph Airac.
– FMS: LSKeing dntrk info (FIX page) will copy on scratchpad user wpt data.
– FMS: second FIX page.
– FMS: when configuring aircraft ‘Ready to Fly’ from add-on menu route and data are not reset.
– LOAD MANAGER: Load/Save of setup and configuration file.
– LOAD MANAGER: Load Manager checks online for new official versions (manual download from simMarket and install).
If you’ve managed to read this far you should be proud! Are you still on the fence about purchasing the Leonardo? Well stay tuned for our work-in-progress review on the Leonardo MaddogX for P3D v4!