13 COMMENTS

1. I was very happy with Just Flight Piper Arrow III & Turbo Arrow III/IV bundle. It was very nice and had an excellent flight model also.
    I hope they don’t make this a study level sim. A artificial/ simulated First Officer and Flight Engineer that would be really nice to handle all the workload. Systems don’t need to go very deep. I don’t want to many switches to flick. If they would make a simplified. The readout of they systems should be spot on accurate with an outstanding flight model, visual and sound package.

2. Precision Manuals Development Group (PMDG) and now Flight Sim Labs (FSL) are the only developers that do transport category aircraft study level sims the right way. I’m not too excited about a classic at this level anyways. If there was a FO + FE taking care of everything that would be just fine. Commercial Level Simulations (CLS) made a decent version of the Boeing 747-200 for FSX (https://www.commerciallevel.com/webshop.php?actie=pshow&pid=89&groep=15) awhile back.

I’m really looking forward to the PMDG 747-8 coming out with checklists, RAINMAKER and of course Dynamic BUG SPLATTER MODELING!!!

• You forgot at least Majestic Software and Leonardo, the Q400 Pro is definitely just as good as PMDG and Fslabs & the MD80 isn’t far behind.
      I would be looking forward to the 747-8 if their attitude wasn’t so bad. No way I’m going to buy another PMDG bird until they give me a fair discount on the 737 and 777 P3D versions as an FSX owner of the very same products, like FSlabs and Majestic have done. No amount of features is worth paying over 100 USD TWICE for same product.

3. How you fly your sim is naturally personal choice, myself , I fly as realistically as possible after 50 years in real world aviation.
    Aircraft that carried the FE such as 747-100, 200, 300, B707, DC-8 etc, definitely require crew interaction because that is the way they were flown.
    The PMDG DC-6 is a good example with the crew interaction.

JF’s 74-100 is a welcome addition to our sim world and many will enjoy flying it but for the realistic simmer sitting by yourself you really need the automation of the 747-400.

4. Going back to PMDG dynamic bug splatter effects. Perhaps for version 2 of PMDG bug splatter effects they could consult and/or have a full time entomologist (insect expert) on staff. Entomologis Karl von Firisch (Australian), Konrad Lorenz and Nikolaas Tinbergen are the only entomologists to ever publically win the Nobel prize in medicine (1973) for his work comparative behavioral physiology and pioneering work on communication between insects.

5. Going back to PMDG dynamic bug splatter modeling. Perhaps for PMDG bug splatter modeling Version 2 they could consult or preferably have a full time entomologist (insect expert) on staff. Entomologists Karl von Frisch (Australian), Konrad Lorenz and Nikolaas Tinbergen are the only entomologists to ever publically win the Nobel prize in medicine (1973) for their work comparative behavioral physiology and pioneering work on communication between insects.

6. @David E: the CLS 747 was decent? In which dimension are you living in? The flight model was absolutely terrible, you didnt have any means of navigation except the default one’s or you implemented the CIVA INS, the weight distribution was a hell, the cockpit textures blurry and so on. If you want to have a simplified 747, please stick to that CLS. For once, I want a good fully simulated classic airliner.

7. I disagree. I recall the CLS 747-200 had both a great virtual cockpit and great exterior. Especially taking into account it was about ten years ago with respect to technology. I did not take this through it’s paces with respect to systems fidelity, etc. I was not very interested in typing numerous individual latitude and longitude coordinates into the Inertial Navigation System (I.N.S.) for a long haul route. I suspect not many users and/or customers would be. However, to each their own.

AVSIM did a comprehensive review of the Just Flight distributed CLS 747-200/300 that has some excellent screenshots and the link is below.

• yes exactly. Check the images in the review and look at the FE panel. I know a lot of people who like to work with the real INS. How boring is it to just use the default navigation and then leave the computer on for 10 hours. I flew the CLS 747 for a lot of years and had to highly modify it, so it was anywhere near fun to fly. But luckily, i communicated with Just Flight and they told me, there will be a good INS included. We have enough “light system depth” aircraft already. Its time for something that doesnt just need 3 minutes to get airborne