Air Daily X (ADX) is recruiting an “X–Plane Managing Editor.”
The X–Plane Managing Editor will report to the Executive Director and will be responsible for delivering impactful, experienced, informative and insightful X–Plane content at ADX.
X–Plane Managing Editor will have a constant measure of the pulse of the X–Plane flight simulator platform and associated third-part add-ons. The ADX X–Plane content will focus on highly impactful news releases regarding high fidelity aircraft (e.g. Take Command!: HotStart TMB-900, Milviz Cessna T310R, Take Command! Series by X-Aviation, etc.) releases and outstanding premium scenery (e.g. Orbx TrueEarth Great Britain, Orbx Airports, etc.) releases, as well as major news releases from X–Planes’ publishing company Laminar Research. Additionally, the X–Plane Managing Editor will be responsible for publishing highly impactful and insightful reviews on X–Plane third party software that will focus primarily on high fidelity add-on aircraft (e.g. Take Command!: HotStart TMB-900, Milviz Cessna T310R, Take Command! Series by X-Aviation, etc.) and outstanding premium scenery (e.g. Orbx TrueEarth Great Britain, Orbx airports, etc.).
The rewards for the X–Plane Managing Editor:
- Have a dynamic relationship with the global flight simulation community.
- Have a solid and robust platform to communicate his/her ideas, comments and insights to the global flight simulation community.
- Be provided with X–Plane add-on products to review at no-cost (free).
Requirements for the X–Plane Managing Editor position:
- Be honest, responsible, mature, pleasant and nice.
- Behave, contribute and conduct themselves with the highest level of integrity.
- Be able to fluently read, speak and write in the English language.
- Have a genuine and committed interest in the X–Plane flight simulation platform.
- Candidates are required to have a MINIMUM of ten years of bona–fide (e.g. genuine, real) and consistent experience in personal computer (P.C.) based flight simulation and/or ten years of real-life flying experience as an aircraft and/or helicopter pilot.
- Candidates are required to have or previously had a United States (U.S.) Federal Aviation Administration (F.A.A.) certified single-engine-land (S.E.L.) pilots license with instrument rating privileges AND a minimum of 100 hours of total logged flight time (T.T.) including no less than 60 hours of pilot in command (P.I.C.) logged flight time.
- Have excellent verbal communication skills.
- Have excellent written communication skills.
- Enjoy writing.
- Be able to very critically and fairly evaluate news, the X–Plane flight simulation platform and associated third-party add-on products.
- Be personally driven to contribute to the flight simulation community.
- Own X–Plane 11
- Own a reasonably modern (approximately 1-3 years old) computer and good video card to review and test the latest and future third-party software add-ons for X–Plane 11+.
- Be able to commit to the position for a minimum of one year.
The ideal X–Plane Managing Editor will:
- Be a major U.S. major (e.g. United, American, Delta, etc.) airline captain (or first officer) or international equivalent (e.g. Lufthansa, British Airways, Air France, etc.). *** Note: National (e.g. Southwest, Alaska, Hawaiian, jetBlue, etc.) and regional (Skywest, Horizon, Mesa, Envoy, Endeavor, etc.) airline pilot will also strongly be considered. Career flight instructors holding a U.S. F.A.A. airline transport pilot (A.T.P.) rating (or international equivalent) and/or U.S. F.A.A. designated (or international equivalent) examiners will be strongly considered.
- Be a college graduate with a Bachelor’s in Science (B.S.) degree or higher (better) from a nationally accredited U.S. university (or international equivalent). ***Note: Engineering majors will strongly be considered and/or preferred.
- Have outstanding verbal communication skills.
- Have outstanding writing skills.
- Enjoy writing very much.
- Be personally very driven to contribute to the flight simulation community.
- Be able to commit to the position for greater than of one year.
Interested candidates meeting requirements are encouraged to submit an email of interest to Davidmedwards2019@gmail.com that includes the following:
1) A single paragraph personal statement explaining the interest in the position.
2) A single paragraph explaining qualifications.
3) Direct contact information (an email address is sufficient).
Thank you so very much for your time and consideration!!!!!!!
All the Best and Sincerely,
David M. Edwards
Executive Director and Editor-In-Chief
Air Daily X (ADX)