[Utilities] SimControl enhances your flight simulator experience unlike any other app on the market. With the touch of a finger you can instantly re-position aircraft, change wind and weather, fail engine components, instruments, and much more without ever needing to get out of the captain’s chair or interrupt the simulation. This helps make the experience fun again by alleviating many of the common complaints, distractions, and tasks that require navigating through multiple computer screens. SimControl allows users to make these changes without suspending the active flight. The app works with FSX and P3D with X-Plane version 11 compatibility is under development.
SimControl also makes training scenarios easier than ever to achieve. With the use of instant aircraft repositioning you could, for instance, set yourself up for an approach 5, 10 or 15 nautical miles from the runway as many times as you need to retry it or practice engine out procedures with the press of a button. The app controls your flight simulator from the iPad with use of a free downloadable server for your simulator computer. This allows the two devices to communicate wirelessly and allows you to monitor the connection as well.
Key Features Include:
- Instant repositioning of aircraft with searchable airport database
- Change aircraft and paint schemes instantly
- Set custom weather settings with multiple layers
- Option to use current real METAR weather settings for your local area
- Real IFR chart (NOS) overlay on map screen with flight path tracing
- Quick and easy connection to the simulator over WiFi
- Fuel top off and battery recharge at the click of a button
- Dedicated failures page for instruments, systems, and engine malfunction
- Currently supports FSX, Prepar3D 2.x, 3.x, 4.x & X-Plane 10 (X-Plane 11 coming soon)
SimControl is available on the Apple App Store for $19.99 for iPad.